WHY CHOOSE A DIRECT CREMATION ?
Cost and service implications for our most basic service.
All-inclusive Direct Cremation pricing means understanding the cost is clear from the start.
For £1,195.00 we will :-
- Using our own uniformed staff and specialised vehicles transfer your loved one into our care from a Hospital, Coroners or another Funeral Directors.
(We are an established Funeral Directors)
- Provide care at one of our own Care Centres
Prepare the body for the coffin in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Provide a quality English style coffin with handles and name plate.
- Place any personal items you send us in the coffin. (please ask for guidance).
- Transfer to our preferred partner Crematorium
- If requested, advise you of the date of the cremation.
- Provide telephone and/or email support to complete all required paperwork.
- You may also visit us at any of our local branches to discuss this service.
- Give advice and help if a DSS claim is to be made.
- Return the cremated remains to you at any address in the UK within twenty-one days of the cremation or earlier for an additional cost.
- If preferred we will scatter the ashes in the Garden of Rest and also let you know the final resting place if you so desire.
Please note - Doctors' fees for the paperwork to allow some cremations to proceed are an additional charge as they are usually not payable if the death has been reported to the local Coroner. If required they will increase the cost by £82.00. (This has been reduced from £164.00 due to recent Government legislation.)
Although probably not in the forefront of your mind when considering a Direct Cremation during these unprecedented times it may be worth noting that this type of service is 68% cheaper than the national average for a crematorium funeral, (Source: SunLife Cost of Dying Report 2018), and some £400 less than even our most basic attended funeral service.
Although you are welcome to visit one of our branches we can email or post all paperwork to you and we will provide full support to ensure that you are able to complete necessary forms accurately and quickly. We will pre-fill most for you leaving just a few signatures.
There’s no need to visit the crematorium to make arrangements and in fact with our Direct Cremation this is not available.
A separate service can be uplifting
You can, if you wish, organise a farewell at a venue which reflects your loved ones tastes or personality.
Getting involved in making the arrangements yourself can make the send-off more special and the pressure of time is removed so you can make sure everyone important can attend.
A simple arrangement for individual circumstances
A Direct Cremation is a modern service without the usual black hearse and somber mourners. Leaving family members to celebrate their loved ones life at a time and place to suit.
Perhaps in a special place or at a significant time of year. The possibilities are endless.
Perfect for Solicitors who have been tasked with arranging a funeral at the lowest possible cost. We cover the whole of the UK with our fleet of removal vehicles tracked on all of their journeys.
Our dedecated Direct Cremation team can be contacted on 020 8520 4999 via our contact us page